With their revisions to their guidelines in 2009, the Federal Trade commission has incorporated bloggers into these rules in regulations. These new guidelines were put into place to protect the public from misleading and unlawful advertising. It is my hope that this blog will become a source of income for me. Therefore, it may sometimes incorporate product reviews, testimonials, endorsements or other advertisements. I felt that it was important to disclose the following information to my readers:
- Cluttered Chaos was created to share the owner’s personal story on her cluttered life. However, in the event that this blog becomes a source of income, it may from time to time, accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, endorsements, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- Cluttered Chaos abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- Under no circumstances will the owner of this blog merely post something just to be compensated without identifying it as such. For the most part, however, the owner will mainly post links to products, services and companies that she has used and loved herself. These too will be identified as affiliate or sponsorship links.
- The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for her posts or advertisements, she always gives her honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. If in the event that any content presents a conflict of interest, that information will be disclosed.
- Cluttered Chaos is a personal blog written and edited by Wendy Adams. For questions about this blog, please contact me at wendy(at) clutteredchaos (dot) com.
- This policy is valid from February 1, 2017.